Thursday, September 06, 2007

And so it begins

I'm sore, my eyes hurt and I smell like sweaty fanboy. Yes, it is festival time again. Just saw my first film, Persepolis and it was great. A very sweet and at times dark story of what it is like to grow up during political upheaval. It was strange to see the similarities that they had in Iran with teenagers everywhere - sneaking out to party, getting in trouble for talking back in school. The difference was the consequences would be much more severe.
The voice actress for the young Marjane may possibly be the cutest sounding little moppet ever. I'm not usually a big fan of child actors (those Fanning girls give me the wiggins) but I love a cute sounding child. Like that little kid from Monster's Inc. So frakking cute.
I digress.
Liked the movie, I didn't cry but I did see some possibly Persian looking folk crying after the movie. I usually break down around the fifth movie, so looking forward to some waterworks later this week.

No comments: